TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Platinum Global Market Research Terms and Conditions – Independent Contractors Agreement
You MUST read and understand the terms and conditions below in order to sign up and work as a Contractor for Platinum Global Market Research.
- Payments: Platinum Global Market Research will be responsible for the payment of jobs performed to the agreed value as specified on your assignment documentation, approximately 30-40 days after the receipt of the completed survey and reimbursement receipt, photos, business cards or other information received or collected during a mystery shop (if applicable). Payment and/or reimbursements will be withheld for any or all assignments not completed as per the supplied assignment brief or to the clients’ satisfaction.
- With the exception of shoppers in Cambodia, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Lebanon and Qatar, you are required to have a PayPal account, as this is how we pay our shoppers. Please visit the PayPal website in your country for further details and to create your account.
- PayPal: www.paypal.com.au in Australia, www.paypal.co.nz in New Zealand, www.paypal.com.sg in Singapore, www.paypal.com in the USA and Canada, www.paypal.co.uk in the UK or www.paypal.com.hk in Hong Kong. For all other countries, please visit the PayPal website in your country. All pop-up blockers must be turned off.
- Shoppers in Cambodia, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Lebanon and Qatar will receive funds via Western Union, or another money movement fund, as selected by Platinum Global Market Research.
- Incorrect PayPal Information – Please be advised that should you provide Platinum Global Market Research with incorrect payment information, causing us to need to cancel a payment at a later stage and resend, contact you for correct payment information or hold your payment record until correct information is given an administration fee of $5 will be withheld from your payment amount. Should you provide us with the incorrect payment information and we are unable to cancel payment and return funds, we will not be held liable and your payment will be forfeited.
- Incorrect Payment Made - Whilst it does not occur often, should you not be paid the correct amount at any time, Platinum Global Market Research will take immediate steps once this has been brought to our attention to rectify this payment and process to your nominated PayPal account. Should you receive an overpayment it is expected that you will immediately process a refund on discovery of this error. We reserve the right to commence legal action without notice to recover any monies owing.
- AUSTRALIAN APPLICANTS - If you do not have an ABN, you must list this as a hobby or complete a statement by supplier form. We are unable to advise you of your taxation reporting requirements, therefore you may wish to seek advice.
- NEW ZEALAND APPLICANTS – You will be required to advise your Inland Revenue Department before undertaking your first assignment. We are unable to advise you of your taxation reporting requirements, therefore you may wish to seek advice.
- ALL OTHER APPLICANTS (for ALL countries) - We are unable to advise you of your taxation reporting requirements, therefore you may wish to seek advice.
Contractor information – what we expect from you
Our clients are the reason for our existence and the standard of service that we provide to them is vital to our success. Following are some of the basic standards we expect you to meet:
- We expect that you will arrive on time for each assignment. If there are unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from attending a job site you must contact the Campaign Manager listed on the Survey Summary immediately.
- You will be expected to carefully review and remember the questions / instructions of each assignment.
- You must never reveal that you are a mystery shopper, secret shopper, customer service evaluator or anything of the like.
- We expect you to be discreet at all times when visiting a client's site. Under no circumstances must the store you are evaluating know that you are a mystery shopper. Should you be identified as a mystery shopper, Platinum Global Market Research can choose to withhold all or part payment for that assignment at our discretion and reallocate to another shopper.
- Any assignment notes should made as soon as possible after completing the visit, but this must not be within view of the store or team members.
- All reports must be completed accurately and submitted within 8 hours of completing the assignment, unless otherwise stated on your assignment paperwork. Failure to submit within this timeframe can result in the assignment being cancelled and allocated to another shopper.
- Any change to your personal details must be updated by you, by logging in to your online shopper profile at the earliest opportunity. If your details are not kept up to date and we cannot contact you an assignment may be cancelled and allocated to another shopper.
- You must upload a copy of your Drivers Licence/Passport (Page with photo)/Proof of Age Card on application and on acceptance of this agreement. You must carry out the work yourself. You cannot ask someone else to do it for you without express written permission from a Platinum Global Market Research authorised agent.
- You must comply with the survey instructions, applicable training manuals and these terms and conditions.
- You are required to act diligently, ethically, soberly and submit accurate, honest information. Failure to do so may result in Police or Legal Action.
- You must comply with all occupational health and safety policies of any relevant government body.
- You must not commit any criminal offence and not otherwise break any law or regulation.
- You must not sexually harass, act in a discriminatory or abusive way or cause nuisance or upset to any person.
- Assignments may be reassigned without notice should a breach of any of the terms of this agreement occur.
- You will be notified of jobs via email, phone or web site. All jobs must be accepted or declined within 24 hours of the job being allocated otherwise the job may be allocated to another shopper, without further notice.
- Jobs will be assigned to the Mystery Shopper best suited to the job specifics i.e. customer request, highly graded shopper etc. There is no guarantee that you will be assigned a job that you have applied for.
- All instructions from the client must be adhered to - no variations will be accepted. Failure to follow the client's instructions may result in non-payment for the assignment and cancellation of your job and will be allocated to another shopper to complete.
- All reimbursement receipts, photos, business cards or other information received or collected during a mystery shop (if applicable), must be attached to your submitted report.
- Alternatively fax or email to your Campaign Manager on the same day as the completed survey is submitted. Should we not receive this information within this timeframe, we reserve the right to cancel your assignment and reassign to another shopper or alternatively withhold all or part payment.
- Receipt uploaded or emailed should be less than ½ MB in size and .jpeg, .jpg, or .gif format. Receipts in .pdf format may not be accepted.
- All Contractors are to keep a copy of all reports and receipts for a period of twelve (12) months.
- Random Mystery Shops may occur on Platinum Global Market Research Contractors.
- Completion of all surveys must be clear and concise. Failure to do so may result in non-payment for the assignment.
- Shop Instructions and required scenarios are to be followed EXACTLY unless otherwise specified by Platinum Global Market Research Management. Failure to do so may result in non-payment for the assignment or cancellation of your job and reallocation to another shopper to complete.
- You MUST inform Platinum Global Market Research of any known or potential conflict, e.g. where you are employed by a Platinum Global Market Research client or you have a personal relationship with the store/business/team member being mystery shopped.
- You must not nominate for an assignment that employs you, a family member or close friend, or one that you have a previous employment relationship with.
- You must not complete an assignment on any location that you have a previous or current bias towards for any reason.
- We make no representation and do not warrant that the information provided on this site is complete, accurate or current. Please note that the information may be incomplete, may contain errors, or may have become out of date.
- Should it be discovered that you have intentionally submitted a false, misleading and/or inaccurate report, legal action may be taken to recover lost revenue as a direct result of your actions and the matter will be referred to Police.
- Any instances of verbal abuse, threats, intimidation or inappropriate communications with any employee of Platinum Global Market Research, whether by electronic communication or telephone will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate cancellation of your Contractors agreement and may be referred to Police.
- You must not, during actively working under a Platinum Global Market Research Contractor Agreement or thereafter, without The Company’s prior written consent or as otherwise required by law, disclose directly or indirectly to any person for any reason (other than the conduct of The Company’s business) any Confidential information whether in written, electronic or other form; intellectual property rights; sensitive information; trade secrets; information with respect to the name, address, contact persons or requirements of any customer, supplier, client, or employee.
- You must not, at any time during or after termination of your Contractors agreement, attempt to contact any client of Platinum Global Market Research with the intent to cause malice or mischief relating to business relationships between Platinum Global Market Research and the client. Platinum Global Market Research reserves the right to exercise and pursue their legal options in regards to this matter.
Use of Alcohol and Drugs
- You must not have taken or used any unprescribed drug or intoxicating substance prior to or during conducting work for Platinum Global Market Research.
- It is our expectation that at all times you will behave in a professional manner; therefore you must not attend a site under the influence of alcohol or drugs nor are you permitted to consume or be in possession of alcohol or drugs whilst undertaking an assignment.
- If the specific job requirements involve consumption of alcohol, such as mystery shopping a restaurant or bar, you must do so within reason. You must always drink responsibly and must not allow yourself to become intoxicated.
- Failure to comply with this will result in the Contractor relationship being terminated and non-payment for the assignment.
Independent Contractors Agreement
I agree that:
- I am an Independent Contractor, not employee and nothing expressed or implied in this agreement shall constitute the relationship of employer and employee between the parties. The Agreement is not intended to create a partnership, employment or principal and agent relationship between the parties.
- As a Contractor, Platinum Global Market Research is not liable for any events of personal injury or liability caused by or experienced by me while completing assignments on behalf of Platinum Global Market Research. I use the site and carry out assignments at my own risk.
- I am responsible for meeting all income and other related tax requirements.
- I acknowledge that I will receive confidential information and trade secrets with respect to the company’s business, its employees, Contractors and its customers.
- The information I have provided for the purposes of registering as a Contractor is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- I am responsible for my own insurance, including car insurance.
- Mystery shopping assignments offers are made at our sole discretion and we do not guarantee that you will receive regular offers, or any offers at all.
- I acknowledge and agree to provide Platinum Global Market Research with my ABN number if applicable and that I am responsible for meeting any Australian Taxation Office (ATO) obligations in regards to paying income tax (if applicable). If I do not have an ABN, I agree that this is a hobby-based activity and any payments received will be reported to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as part of meeting my income taxation obligations.
- If I am a NEW ZEALAND shopper, I agree to notify the New Zealand Revenue Department that I will be commencing self-employment and I will complete an IR3 form and send it back to NZRD (NZRD will send form annually).
- If I am a shopper from any other country, I agree to report as per the legal taxation requirements in my country.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for personal superannuation contributions (if applicable).
- For shoppers outside of Cambodia, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Lebanon and Qatar: I understand I will require a PayPal account email address to receive payments from Platinum Global Market Research for assignments I have completed.
- I understand that failure to comply with these instructions may result in me not getting paid for work completed. I understand that payment will be made 30-40 days after completing a valid assignment. I understand that Platinum Global Market Research pays all Contractors (except those Contractors in Cambodia, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Lebanon and Qatar) via PayPal and that it is my responsibility to provide my PayPal account email address to Platinum Global Market Research in order to be paid for assignments completed.
- I understand that Platinum Global Market Research can terminate its relationship with me and remove me from the database at any time for any reason without prior notification.
- I acknowledge that this agreement is subject to change and it is my responsibility as the Contractor to keep up to date with changes.
- I agree that Platinum Global Market Research owns all intellectual property rights in any reports I provide in relation to any Shopping Assignment, and I assign all such intellectual property rights to Platinum Global Market Research, whether past, present or future.
- This Site contains material which is subject to protection under Australian and International copyright and other laws governing protection of intellectual property rights. I may not sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, create derivative works from, adapt, or edit such materials. However, I may copy (either electronically or in hard copy) material on the site for my own use in connection with registration as a Contractor or for carrying out any Shopping Assignments. This Agreement starts upon your acceptance of these terms and ends upon termination by either party.
- I agree to abide by all Terms and Conditions outlined in this agreement and acknowledge that my Contractors agreement can be terminated upon breech of any of the above aforementioned terms.
In lieu of a signature, you will be asked to authorise your agreement to the above terms and conditions with a digital signature.
Find out more.